COVID-19 Protocol Updates
A message to our clients:
As of May 14, the CDC has lifted its mask mandate for vaccinated people. For businesses like ours, this creates many challenges as there is no clear roadmap how to handle “getting back to normal.” What we can tell you is that the team at Bigger Road Veterinary Clinic is very excited to announce that our clinic will reopen to clients on June 1st. We are thrilled to have face to face interaction with you again. Believe us when we say, we have missed you so much!
As we know with Covid, things are always changing, but as of today:
- When you arrive with your pet, please check in by calling the clinic and wait in your car.
- When we have a room ready, we will come get you and your pet. We are currently limited capacity in the exam rooms, please limit the number of people you bring to the appointment.
- At this time, we will be continuing curbside pickup only for prescriptions and dietary needs. Please call when you arrive, and we will bring your purchases out to you.
- If you prefer our curbside concierge service, this will continue to remain an option. Please just communicate that to us when scheduling.
We would like to proactively address the elephant in the room, which is our mask policy.
- At this time, per CDC guidelines, we will be allowing fully vaccinated individuals into the clinic without facemasks. Please note that we will not be checking vaccine cards to validate that clients have been vaccinated, but we do take the health and safety of our team very seriously so please be respectful of our policy and ONLY enter without masks if you are fully vaccinated.
- We are also allowing our fully vaccinated team members to make their own personal choice regarding wearing a mask.
- Non-vaccinated/partially vaccinated team members at our hospital will continue to wear masks.
- If you are uncomfortable with this policy, we are happy to provide curbside service for you and your pet. Please just communicate that to us when scheduling.
You all have been wonderful throughout this pandemic. We respectfully ask you to be mindful that our staff is mentally and emotionally exhausted from the last year and we would prefer to spend our energy positively on how happy we are to be seeing each of you again, as opposed to debating this policy. As we receive more information in the weeks to come, we will make appropriate adjustments. Our goal is a return to normal. We will continue to send new information out to you as our policies change so that you can remain informed.
Once again, thank you so much for your continued support and understanding. We can’t wait to see you!
The Bigger Road Team