Fromm Family Foods has announced a voluntary recall of three varieties of canned dog food.
The food is being recalled because internal company testing found elevated levels of Vitamin D. No illnesses have been reported, but the company is encouraging pet owners not to feed these products to their pets.
What products are affected?
According to this announcement from Fromm Family Foods (PDF file), all lot codes and all expiration dates of the following three varieties of canned dog food are being recalled:
- 12 oz. Gold Chicken Pate Dog can case code#11893, individual can upc : 72705 11892
- 12 oz. Gold Chicken & Duck can case code #11895, individual can upc: 72705 11894
- 12 oz. Gold Salmon & Chicken Pate can case code #11891, individual can upc: 72705 11890
What if I have the recalled product?
You should stop feeding the product immediately and return it to the place of purchase for a refund.
What if I have already fed the product to my dog?
Stop feeding the product and watch your pet for symptoms of Vitamin D toxicity, which can include:
- Not eating or decreased appetite
- Excessive or decreased thirst and urination
- Weakness or lethargy
- Bad breath
- Weight loss
Typically these symptoms appear only after feeding the product for an extended period of time.
Questions or concerns about your pet’s health?Call or contact us online!
Sign up for recall alerts!
Sign up here to be notified by e-mail whenever Bigger Road posts urgent product information to our web site.